Thursday, August 18, 2016

Our Masterpiece





Sometimes I feel like it is so easy for my marriage to slip into a normal routine with all the demands all around us. As this occurs it is easy for us to forget why we fell in love in the first place. Does this happen to you too? Please say I am not the only one?

When we aren't able to leave the house we try to do something special at home with one another or make a fancier dinner and enjoy each other's company! The other night we decided to make home made butternut squash raviolis with a sage butter sauce. By the way it was amazing! That is a picture of it! We went to the store together and held hands in the grocery store, even with our 4 kids in tow! We got home and got to work. As we prepped we laughed, talked, and made a huge mess, but we had so much fun! At dinner we fed the kids and they all ran off to play as we sat and just had nice conversation. When it was time to clean up, my husband kissed me and told me to go relax as he cleaned the kitchen. Husbands this is huge to your wives! I promise! Afterwards we enjoyed hanging out on the couch relaxing with one another. It was a perfect night with my hubby at home!

Relationship Tip!
Take the evening and talk about something fun. My husband and I like to talk about what our dream kitchen would look like in the "perfect house". It is just dreaming, but it is fun to think about how you would design it if you were ever given the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment